TOTAL KMS COMPLETED 2290

TOTAL KMS COMPLETED 2290

The Route and Progress

The Route and Progress
May 23, 2010 Susa, Italy

Thursday, May 27, 2010

22.05.2010 Fornovo di Taro to Cassio 22km







Again, wonderful walking, climbing and weather. When it is this good I always expect a 'sting in the tail' and am rarely disappointed. This time I am the cause. We have walked well, climbing, but never too painfully and negotiating some of the off-road routes that we had rejected with our bikes in 2007. Midday, we stop for a sandwich and then proceed to Terenzo, a small village perched on one of the hillsides, where a man comes out of his garden to ask where we are going. It turns out that he is a guide writer too and wants to know more about us. I look for Paul's wallet to give him one of our business cards and the sting hits its target. I have left the wallet in the Ladies toilet of the bar where we stopped for lunch, some 4kms back. Paul insists on returning, I wait, and finally some 30 minutes later he is back, faster because he has been given a lift by the bar owner. And so we move on, Nellie and I stopping often, she to eat and I to take photos of the new flowers I keep discovering and finally Cassio – a small, typical village on the Cisa pass – incredible views.

Accommodation – a basic hostel, presumably state run, good value at 7 euros. Horses accepted.

Ostello di Cassio, via Nazionale, loc. Cassio - CASSIO 0039 (0)525 64521

No comments:

Post a Comment